Best answer

Text content cant be displayed Error

• 13 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have created a Zap which gets triggered when a message is received on Slack channel. The message format looks like this:

My zap is getting triggered when the message is received but on the Text field, it says - “This content cant be displayed”. I need the company_id from this message to trigger the rest of the workflow in the Zap. 

Can someone please help me figure out what to do here?

icon

Best answer by jesse 16 December 2022, 18:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Shubhi 

Good question.

It may be that there Text content has invalid characters thus causing the issue.

These may not be visible and may be due to the formatting of the text.

Thanks for your response @Troy Tessalone . Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shubhi 

May take trial and error.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey folks! Just coming back in here to sum up the solution after following along in the support thread. It looks like the main issue here is a feature request, as identified by our support team:

In regards to your second inquiry about "This content can't be displayed".

So the quick summary here is that the message data is in a Block and the current Zapier integration doesn't have access to the data in those Blocks.
https://api.slack.com/block-kit

We do have an existing request to add support for data in the Blocks - and I have added your email to that request so we can notify you when that happens.

@Shubhi I see you were able to find a workaround to this by triggering on messages received through webhooks instead of Slack, followed by using Looping by Zapier in order to have the Zap find multiple companies using those lists of IDs.

Cheers!