Question

Testing is successful but no events are created in Klaviyo

• 20 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi!

I’m trying to integrate Zapier with Klaviyo that when an order is placed, Zapier creates an event on Klaviyo. After testing its showing success in result but no such event is showing in Klaviyo. What am I missing? Below are some snapshots. Although from Postman everything is working. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Haider7431, welcome to the Community! 👋

That’s very odd. As you say, it does say it’s gone through successfully. I wonder, as the Metric “Placed Order” is selected, it might be that you need to enter the order total in the Value field. In the screenshot that field appears to be blank.

Can you try adding a value into that field before testing it again and let us know if that gets it appearing in Klaviyo?

Were you able to solve this? I’m having a similar problem, except I don’t even see the “Placed Order” metric available. It’s simply missing. See attachment for what I have available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @aaversa 

Placed Order: this metric is tracked when a customer completes the checkout process and creates an order in your ecommerce store.
To view the event data Klaviyo tracks for each order, navigate to your Dashboard, click on Activity Feed, and sort by Placed Order.
Click on the timestamp of any order and an Event Details window will pop up featuring all event data variables. NOTE: One Placed Order event is tracked for each purchase event.

Right, I’m aware of what Placed Order is, what I am trying to do is create a Placed Order event via Zapier. As you can see from my screenshot, it is not available.

In this case, the source (trigger) for the event is going to be from a custom sales page on Kajabi (not an ecommerce platform.) Kajabi will publisher the purchase email, first name, last name, order ID, and order value.

I want to transform that into a “Placed Order” event on Klaviyo but per my screenshot, that isn’t even an option for me. Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@aaversa 

Klaviyo help article about Placed Orders: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/7000906101019-Troubleshooting-Placed-Order-tracking