Skip to main content

Hello! I am currently building a Zap that pings a channel when a particular keyword is mentioned in any public channel. Have set up the keyword and even posted it in the #general channel as mentioned in the Common-problems-with-Slack page. When hitting 'Test Trigger' I see my test messages pop up for a brief second before getting the error message below(attached a .GIF of this in the thread). This prevents me from using the Zap, as it doesn't recognize my keyword in any public channel. The keyword is typed in correctly with the correct capitalization. 

This workflow was working in the past and now does not return a message after the keyword is mentioned. This Zap also does not function if I ‘Skip Test’ and use the placeholder test data. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Error Message: Unable to pull mentions Please reload the page. If the issue persists, troubleshoot error or contact Support.

Error code: Error while retrieving: We couldn't find a message containing that user and/or word in any of your channels. Try posting a new message that matches your criteria and test again. Note: Thread messages are not supported for sample retrieval.

I will also note that I have attempted this on other browsers and disabling ad-blockers with the same result as above^

Hi @Dude12345 

In the Zap trigger Step 1 “Test” section, try clicking one of these buttons:

• Skip Test
  • Continue

Configure the rest of your Zap action steps.

Publish your Zap. (Turn Zap ON)

Test live.

Check your Zap Runs history details: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hey Troy :D 

After following your steps, I don’t see any Zap Runs history for today.

However, going back to the whole history of the Zap I did find the last time it was working. Functionally there is no difference in my Zap layout, it’s searching for the same keyword but now can’t seem to find it.

@Dude12345 

If there are no Zap Runs that either means:

• You haven’t tested live with data in Slack that meets the Zap trigger conditions
    • Slack Zap triggers are instant, so the Zap Runs should appear in near real-time
  • There is a Slack Zap app connection issue
  • There is an issue with the Slack Zap app integration for the trigger event being used
  • There is an issue with Slack sending that data to the Zap trigger webhook behind the scenes

@Dude12345 

Also, check the Slack Status page for possible recent/ongoing incidents that may be impacting the Zaps using Slack triggers/actions:

https://slack-status.com/

Hi @Dude12345,

I just came across your post here and wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on. Are you still running into the same issue here?

Please do let us know if you’re still in need of some help on this at all - happy to assist further! 🙂