Best answer

Test runs as it should, but on its own Zap sends way too many emails.

• 9 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello, Zappers!! I am new to the world of AI workflows. (and i mean new, I am not a tech person whatsoever) I have a few zaps now- most of them work perfectly fine. One, however, seems to have an issue. I have a zap set up where it follows an inventory material google sheet, and when the value in column D falls below the value in column C, it should send ONE single email to specific employees to notify them of low stock + to order more. I already have Column D set as the ‘move forward only if’ part of the trigger. (along with updated rows or spreadsheet as the first trigger step) When i test this step, it sends one email as it should, But when it runs on its own it sends 99+ emails. I have looked at the zap itself, the zap history and everything i could think of as a noob in tech, and cannot figure out how to fix this issue. How do I make my zap only send ONE single email? Feel free to talk as simple as possible for me. lol! 

Thanks in advance! :D

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 January 2024, 20:36

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dd_rapid 

To help us have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

There are limitations to be aware of for using GSheets in Zaps, such as repeated values in a cell (X > Y > X).

https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

TIP: You may want to explore using Airtable instead of GSheets.

I have attached photos of the zap in this comment. 

Looking at the zap history as well, it looks like its showing that it is only sending one email, however recipients are receiving 99+ emails. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dd_rapid 

The Zap trigger will fire for NEW or UPDATED GSheet rows.

You would need to add a Filter as Step 2 to only fire for updated GSheet rows.

Make sure to review the help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Could you explain how I can add that filter? I browsed around for the little plus + sign and I'm not seeing it around- I do have a paid membership.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dd_rapid 

Filter: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

“New or Updated Spreadsheet Row” trigger behavior

If you’re using the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger and choose Any column to monitor, any change to a row will trigger your Zap. If you select a specific column, then the Zap will only trigger when there are changes on that column.

Note

Zaps using New or Updated Spreadsheet Row will also trigger for any new rows in the spreadsheet, even if the specified column is blank.
To avoid triggering in those cases, add a Filter step to your Zap.

Sorry, yes let me reiterate: There is not a little plus + sign showing for me to allow me to add the filter to my trigger per the filter article. Is there another method of adding the filter when the plus + sign is not showing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dd_rapid 

There is a [+] between Zap steps and after the last Zap step.