Best answer

Telegram error: Bad Request: can't parse entities: Character '.' is reserved and must be escaped with the preceding '\'

• 12 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Hey

I want to automatize our real estate system and send a Telegram message. It works well in case we don't have any values with .xx in our dateset e.g. living space 65sqm. If we have 65.73sqm there will be the following error:

Step 2. Send Message in Telegram
This Telegram step hit an error.
Error Message: Bad Request: can't parse entities: Character '.' is reserved and must be escaped with the preceding '\'

The Zap will be blocked.

We cannot enter values in the system in full numbers as we have to be accurate for the bank (loans) and according to legislation. Any chance to tell the Zap to simply ignore "." or change it to "," in sending the message?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 October 2023, 18:35

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jeels 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have more context.

Hey, Thanks @Troy Tessalone! :) 

Attached you find the configuration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jeels 

Can you post a screenshot of the encountered error?

Here you go. I tested it with rounded numbers and it works. Unfortunately we have to use them so I need to somehow be able to push this to Telegram :) 

The step details have another data set as example. Normally the 161.3 should be shown here. I cannot pull this one for example (error occurs already when pulling the data sets)

Hope you can help 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jeels 

The attachments didn’t upload.

@Troy Tessalone thanks, for me they show up 🤔 Attached once again :) Sorry for the inconvenience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jeels 

You can add a Formatter > Text > Replace step for variables that may have a period.

Replace . with \.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone I had to upgrade plan and tried it. It works. 

Afterwards I found out that plain text worked actually best and one can save all the work if plain text is an option. Anyway you have been super helpful and patient with me. Thank you so much! 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Jeels! Glad to hear everything is now working! Also, big thanks to Troy for assisting here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗