Question

Task not showing up in Asana when created from a duplicate task.

• 1 September 2023
  • 4 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi there!

We’ve recently got Zapier to make Dubsado talk to Asana and create automations in our projects as leads come in from Dubsado.

I created a “Zap”, to make Asana create a new task from a duplicate task / template from a new lead in Dubsado to create a new task to be added in our project in Asana under a section called “Enquiries”. 

This new task which has been duplicated then needs to update the task name to the client’s full name.

However the issue I’m facing is that in Zapier when creating this “zap” no task was actually created in Asana under the client’s name. 

Secondly I’d like this task to show up under a section called “Enquiries” within the project in Asana, 

when the duplicate task has been created and updated with the client’s full name.

Which also is not working the way I’d like to, and gives an error when I try to add that new task to the section.

I see that there is no option for me to just select the new task to be added to the section, or I must be doing something wrong?

The new task created from a duplicate task will not be automatically assigned to me when I want this action to work?

How do I make this work?

Kind regards 

Mel

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Hi there!

We’ve recently got Zapier to make Dubsado talk to Asana and create automations in our projects as leads come in from Dubsado.

I created a “Zap”, to make Asana create a new task from a duplicate task / template from a new lead in Dubsado to create a new task to be added in our project in Asana under a section called “Enquiries”. 

This new task which has been duplicated then needs to update the task name to the client’s full name.

However the issue I’m facing is that in Zapier when creating this “zap” no task was actually created in Asana under the client’s name. 

Secondly I’d like this task to show up under a section called “Enquiries” within the project in Asana, 

when the duplicate task has been created and updated with the client’s full name.

Which also is not working the way I’d like to, and gives an error when I try to add that new task to the section.

I see that there is no option for me to just select the new task to be added to the section, or I must be doing something wrong?

The new task created from a duplicate task will not be automatically assigned to me when I want this action to work?

How do I make this work?

Kind regards 

Mel

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Also the drop down section does not have the option of the new task that needs to be created because that task will not be assigned to anyone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Sadie Bosworth Atelier,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dive deeper, have you tried mapping the Task ID as a custom value from the 2nd step to the “Task” field in the “Add Task to Section of Project” action? Here’s what the Task ID should look like:

d52453aa6306579b578a873f41a28b97.png
(view larger)

Please keep us posted! 

Hi @ken.a 

Thank you for your response, I’ve tried mapping the Task ID as a custom value from the 2nd step, however the task I need to duplicate it from does not show up from Asana in the custom value, only fields from Dubsado. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Sadie Bosworth Atelier! 👋

Ah, I think you might need to collapse the list of fields available from the Dubsado trigger (by clicking on the arrow in the top right of that list):
40abc6ac45c9dbf6c9c93792a01a0fa3.png

That should then collapse (hide) the Dubsado fields and allow you to expand (show) the list of available fields from the Create Duplicate Task action where you can then select the ID field:
5012a0ada8bd5ce8ce4530499d1ed761.png

Can you you give that a try and let us know if that works as hoped?