Question

Table data not being added, Lookup Field says Field1, not the name of the column

Hi,

I have a zap like this

And a table like this…

Since editing the zap, it doesn’t add the email address to the table, it sends the email, and when I test the zap, it adds the email address to the table, but it’s not automatically adding it to the table when the zap runs.

I want to recreate the Find record step but I’m worried it will break the zap, as I’ve edited it before and the zap stopped working after the delay steps expired, even though what I edited, shouldn’t have affected the later steps in the zap.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Blackhawks 

To troubleshoot, check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to trace the data flow: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi @Blackhawks 

To troubleshoot, check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to trace the data flow: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Thank you for your reply.

Data IN

_zap_search_success_on_miss:	true
table_id: 01HTNPZ6HMKPD3HAYWNT852TDA
filter_count: 1
field_data_key: data__f2
operator: exact
lookup_value: @gmail.com
new__data__f2: @gmail.com
new__data__f5: 2024-04-17T23:43:09+0000
zap_id: 234276806
zap_step_id: 234286004
zap_path_run_id: 00dcf394-d74b-a49d-a7e3-7e2305175cd1

Data OUT

new:
data:
f1: null
f2: @gmail.com
f5: 2024-04-17T23:43:09+0000
id: 01HVQ7C4GNXZDERK4JXF06VG1K
edited_at: 2024-04-17T23:48:19.093168+00:00
created_at: 2024-04-17T23:48:19.093000+00:00
schema_revision_id: 9
errors:
record_id: 01HVQ7C4GNXZDERK4JXF06VG1K
table_id: 01HTNPZ6HMKPD3HAYWNT852TDA
change_id: 01HVQ7C4GVTTA6H4XJGT5K99FQ
_zap_data_was_found: false
Fields with no value:
old

From what I can see, it looks like it says it’s adding the values to the table? (I’ve removed the customers email address from these data logs)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Blackhawks 

Can you post screenshots so the data is kept in context?

Is this what you mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Blackhawks 

For Step 6, DATA OUT it shows the email address for field F2.

No existing record was found so a new record was created.

You can search by the Record ID to troubleshoot.

It says a new record was created, but it doesn’t actually create a record.

It’s supposed to create a new record.

If I test the zap action, then it works as it should, but when it’s actually being used, all data logs say it’s working, but no record is being created.

It says a new record was created, but it doesn’t actually create a record.

It’s supposed to create a new record.

If I test the zap action, then it works as it should, but when it’s actually being used, all data logs say it’s working, but no record is being created.

Actually, I think I might be causing this error with another zap.

I have another zap that deletes the email address, and it’s supposed to trigger when this email address replies to the email I sent out in the first zap, but it seems it’s triggering instantly and deleting the address right away.

How can I set it up so my zap that deletes the address, only triggers when an email is RECEIVED, currently the gmail one is when an email appears in an inbox, which seems to be what’s triggering it, because the emails that are being sent out are “appearing” in the inbox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Blackhawks 

We would need to see screenshots with how the other Zap trigger is configured to have context.

Check the field description in the Gmail Zap trigger for guidance.

@Blackhawks

We would need to see screenshots with how the other Zap trigger is configured to have context.

Check the field description in the Gmail Zap trigger for guidance.

The field descriptions seem to be a bit vague and almost incorrect, for example…

This says it triggers when I receive a new email…

But then later on it says

That it trigger even on sent emails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Blackhawks 

You need to specify the search string to limit the results. (e.g. in:inbox)

Click the link to learn more.

@Blackhawks

You need to specify the search string to limit the results. (e.g. in:inbox)

Click the link to learn more.

Thank you for your help. I think I got it sorted now, I added an IF check in zapier to make sure the sender isn’t the email address I’m using to send emails.

But I’m also wondering, is it possible to plug in new data for zap runs that have stopped due to an error?

For example…

This zap ran from 1 to 7 fine, but then I added in step 2, and then after the 24 hours was up, when it went to run it had an error because of step 2 that I’ve added in (to me, I don’t see why adding in steps before the delay would cause any issues) but now I have over 40 zap runs that have stopped because of this.

Is there anyway I can manually plug in the data to the past zap runs so they can continue?

This zap is supposed to send an email, wait a day, send a follow up email, wait 3 days, send another follow up…

But because I added in the format step it’s now broken for over 40 leads that were supposed to send 2 followup emails, so 80 emails not being sent.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Blackhawks 

Adding steps to Zaps with Delays can cause the issues you’ve experienced.

You can play the entire Zap Run again from the start so all Zap action steps will be tried again.

In general I avoid long delays in Zaps.

I would design the Zaps as a series of separate Zaps, so it’s easier to edit Zap steps.

I would use Airtable to log the data.

Then use Views in Airtable to trigger each of the segments.

Airtable View Filter conditions would be used to handle the Delays. (e.g. Date = Yesterday)