Skip to main content
Question

Synchronise changes on Google Calendar with my website.

• 25 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi, I have an issue when I make changes on a Google Calendar event the changes don’t appear on my website. It works correctly when I add an event on the calendar the first time but if I want to make changes with the date or name it doesn’t sync the changes. So I have to make the changes directly on the website. 

Thank you for your help!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cheptel,

Welcome to the Community.

Before we dive deeper into the issue, can you verify if you encounter any error messages within your Zap with Google Calendar? If yes, please post the error message and obscure any sensitive information within the screenshot so we can troubleshoot further. I will look forward to your response.

Hi JammerS,

Thank you for your quick reply!

No, there are no error messages because the first time the Zap is transferred from the Google Calendar to my website it works properly. I just wonder if if there is a way to synchronise any modifications done on the Google Calendar? 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cheptel,

You can sync modifications from your Google Calendar to your website. However, this depends on how you have set up the integration. You can set up the "Zap" that triggers whenever an event in Google Calendar is updated.

Ok thank you! And how do you set it up this way? This is how the zap is set up for now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Cheptel 👋

Thanks for sharing that screenshot! It looks as though that Zap would only be able to add new Google Calendar events into Webflow.

To update an existing live item in Webflow you’d need a Zap that uses the New or Updated Event (Google Calendar) trigger and a Update Live Item (action). But first you’d need to know the ID of the live item that needs to be updated. Having the item’s ID will ensure that the Zap is able to update the correct live item. Usually that can be obtained using a search action but it doesn’t appear that Webflow has any search actions that would allow you to find an existing item to get it’s ID.

There’s an existing feature request for a “Find Item” action to be added which we’re already tracking in the Community here:

That type of search action would be what you’d need here so I’ve added your vote for it. I can’t make any promises around when/if it would be added but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is! 

In the meantime, the Webflow app has an API Request (Beta) action so perhaps you could use that to search for the item that needs to be updated? There aren’t any specific help guides to show exactly how to set up an API Request to find items in Webflow but we have a general guide that you might find useful: Set up an API request action. And it looks like you’d need to reference their Get Live Collection Item endpoint for the API request: https://docs.developers.webflow.com/data/reference/get-item-live

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues or have further questions just let us know!

Hi SamB!

Thank you so much for your help ! I will dive into this to try to get this sorted!

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome, @Cheptel 🤗

Happy to help if you get stuck at all in giving that API Request action a try. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡