Best answer

SurveyMonkey response populates "Not Answered," even though there is an answer

• 1 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all! I’m having an issue mapping my SurveyMonkey answer to a new Trello card.

First image is my SurveyMonkey field in Zapier, where it both says it’s not answered and displays the title.

Second image is how it shows in Trello. The card name always appends the text “Not Answered | ” in front of the actual title name.

What should I look for in SurveyMonkey to fix this issue? Or is it a problem with the way Zapier is reading the test response?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 1 September 2023, 11:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sdugas,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like if a survey has duplicate questions (questions that use the exact same label), then Zapier receives the data separate, but the app combines it into one output field. This is because we use the question label as the key for the data. If the you can tweak the question text slightly, it should solve the issue.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi there @sdugas,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like if a survey has duplicate questions (questions that use the exact same label), then Zapier receives the data separate, but the app combines it into one output field. This is because we use the question label as the key for the data. If the you can tweak the question text slightly, it should solve the issue.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Aha, that totally makes sense! I’ll make those adjustments in SurveyMonkey. I appreciate your help! And thank you for the warm welcome :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @sdugas! I’m glad I was able to provide you some insights.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊