Question

Survey Monkey 404 Not Found, Send Survey Request

• 3 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, recently I tried to create a Zap where the action was to send a survey using Survey Monkey. However, I was getting a 404 Not Found error when testing the zap. The screenshot is shown below. I believe our fields are fine or else we would get a 400 Error (not sure though). 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @be4realconsulting 👋🏾

Getting 404 messages is seriously frustrating! I want to make sure we’re starting in a good place so we can get you up and running in no time! Can you please share a few more screenshots showing the entirety of the Zap? Additionally, have you used this Zap before and are now encountering an error, or is this a fresh new Zap you’ve got set up? 

Hi!

This is a fresh new Zap that we are trying to set up. And yes, I have pictures attached below, thanks! Additionally, we have filled out the email collector field before with different emails (it’s not left blank like in the screenshot) Let me know if you need other screenshots, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@be4realconsulting Okay, bear with me because we will be working through this together. I’m also going to tag in my teammate @jesse as they may have a bit more insight. Your Zap looks just dandy. 

From what I can see, there are two possible things happening to cause this error. 

1. Have you tried this with another survey than the one selected? With a 404 error, it’s an indicator that the survey can not be found. It’s possible this has something to do with restricted access to the survey from the collector options. Also check for password protection on the survey or IP restrictions. 
  2. If you are part of an Enterprise account, it’s possible that you have read access only, and not write access. Thus, causing an error message. To check on this, it will say “view only” at the top when using SurveyMonkey. The solution for that would be to create your own Collector for this Zap. You can read more on that here

I’d really be interested in knowing if one of the above solutions work for you, please pop back over and let me know if it does! 😆

Hi,

Thanks for the response. We only have a free account on survey monkey as of now, which doesn’t allow us to have an email collector (only allows for web links and some others). Could this be the reason why the Zap is failing (since it asks for an email collector as a field). Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @be4realconsulting

Yes, that’ll be it. The Survey monkey send survey action needs an email collector to work, so if you can’t have those on your account the action wont work. 

As a workaround, you could get the link to the survey and include it in an email sent by another app? For example if you use Gmail you could add the action Send email instead, and include a link to the survey in the body text. Would that work for you?

I also have problems with 404 or one time it is Failed to create a survey in Surveymonkey failure

Where does it go wrong?

Regards, Lars