Best answer

Suggestion | Discord "Cannot read property 'username' of undefined" error

• 19 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I understand that this issue has already been “solved” but searching for a user using just their username is not the ideal way to do this.

We should have the option to, instead, search by user id. This will give us the exact user instead of just a user that could have the same username but a different 4-digit number.

So as far as how this would look in the zapier integration, we would have the option to search for a discord user by username or by ID.

Hopefully this makes sense. If there are any questions please ask!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 April 2022, 12:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Space Foundry, thanks for the suggestion!

So that I can make sure that I pass on the right information to the team, could I check whether you would like to be able to search for a Discord user by their ID (which is a unique, long string of digits), or by their discriminator (which is the 4 digit number after their username)?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I would like to be able to search for a discord user by their ID, their unique long string of digitis.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the clarification, @Space Foundry!

I’ve added you to a feature request that is asks to be able to use the User ID field in the Find user Discord search action. This will:

1. ​Let the team know that this addition will be helpful for you
  2. ​Track interest in the addition - if other users request the same thing, we'll add their vote to the request
  3. ​Remind us to send you an email if/when we have an update on this

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hello,

We’re also requesting this Feature.

It’s definitely since only using the name in the search is not unique. More people could use the same name. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @CodingBootcampsEU! I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll keep you updated via email once available. Thanks!