Best answer

Struggling with Trigger Events for CSV Import from Google Drive

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to import some user activity data on a monthly basis from my marketing automation system into my CRM. 

My MAS exports the data to Google Drive as a CSV file. Each row has two columns: User Email Address and Send Quantity. 

I would like to use the email address to lookup the user in the CRM and then push the quantity data to the user record. 

My issue is as follows: Because the file is exported as a CSV, I can’t use a Google Sheets trigger. I have to use a Google Drive trigger, which only has file-based trigger events (new file created, file updated, etc.). However, I still ultimately need Zapier to treat each row of data as its own trigger event, and I can’t figure out how to make that happen. 

I used the Import CSV step to intake the data and then the Line Itemizer to Transform the data into line items. However, that’s where I get stuck, because I can’t get Zapier to run through each line item individually for the purposes of subsequent steps (Find Record in CRM, Update Record in CRM, etc.). 

Help, please! :-)

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 January 2024, 23:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hazelwhisper 

Good question.

Help article to reference:

Try this Zap action: Files - Line Items from CSV

Looping - Create Loop from Line Items: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone The loop is what I needed. Thanks very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome news @hazelwhisper! Big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗