Skip to main content
Question

Struggling to CSV import Hyperlinks with Names into Zapier Tables

• 17 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I’ve created a table that gets updated in real-time via a mysql triggered zap.  One of the fields is a hyperlink, and the zap creates and updated records perfect with both the link and the readable name.

I’m now trying to do my bulk csv import to backfill everything, and am struggling to get the importer to format the hyperlinks correct.

can import the field as long as it just contains the URL, however I’d like to have it formatted properly as a hyperlink since it is intended to be used by the chatbot.

I’ve tried the following formats:

• <a href="https://location.to.the.product.page">Makeup Kit by Unshattered</a>
  • tProduct Name by Brand Name](https://location.to.the.product.page)

In both cases, the importer displays the error “Link must have a link key.”

What is the proper way to format these values prior to uploading to maintain the hyperlink with the readable name?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @devinmcbride! 🎉 

Ah, yes it looks like Link fields in Zapier Tables have those values set separately:
945e2817184633a880885bebfcdd8272.png
And when importing the records as a CSV it doesn’t allow you to map the Text to the Link in Zapier Tables. This seems like it might be a bug or possibly a feature request, so I’d recommend reaching out to the Support team here to report this.

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution to suggest. Please keep us in the loop on how you get on with them, and do let me know if there’s anything else I can assist with in the meantime!  

Userlevel 1

Thanks @SamB - I went ahead and submitted the bug.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for doing that @devinmcbride. 🤗

I can see that the team have responded to you confirming that CSV import feature currently only supports plain URL values and cannot process hyperlinked formats or labels, so they’ve opened up a feature request on your behalf for this. I do hope this is something that can be implemented soon! 🤞