Skip to main content

Hi there,

Basically, I want to create a contact in Hubspot, after the checkout in stripe has been successful. But for some reason, the email field used in the checkout page is not handed over in the webhook and so the email field remains empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks Chris

Hi @Chris_M 

Which Stripe trigger are you using?

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Hi Troy, 

@Chris_M 

In the Zap step 2, use the +] button to map a dynamic variable from Zap step 1 that represents an email address.

Make sure to test Zap step 1 to have real data to use to map to Zap step 2.

You can search for “@” to narrow down the variables from Zap step 1 to map.

Hi @Chris_M,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

Thanks for your response. I’m still puzzled.

A dynamic variable like “email” from the payment page is not available in Zap step 1.

Variable “customer email” is available, but it’s not populated with data.

@Chris_M 

You can add a Filter step to check for the existence of an email address value in a variable: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Hi @Chris_M,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

@Troy Tessalone @JammerS ,

I change the sequence: Create Customer in Hubspot → Create Customer in Stripe. Works better.

Thanks for your replies.

Chris

Hi @Chris_M,

That’s great news that your Zap is working perfectly now, and sharing how to resolve it. This will help our fellow community members if they encounter the same issue. Thank you.