Question

Stripe error: "We couldn't find any more checkouts. Create a new checkout in your account and try again."

• 31 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I am creating a Zap to connect Stripe checkout to pass user info to Klaviyo, but the recent checkouts are not loading in the Zap test area. I can see the payment in my Stripe account, but Zapier will not pull any recent checkouts.

This is the error I receive: “We couldn't find any more checkouts. Create a new checkout in your account and try again.”

Is there a way to do this within Zapier or do I need to add a webhook via my Stripe account in the Developer panel?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Tre G I want to be sure I understand your request clearly. Are you looking for another way to execute this Zap? 

I believe we may be able to troubleshoot the error message. I’d like to take a look at your Zap set up as a starting point, can you please provide some screenshots, similar to this

Userlevel 1

@chanelle Thanks for jumping in here! See screenshot. It is pulling in checkouts from 2 months ago when I originally tried to set up this Zap but they are from July 2022, not pulling our most recent checkouts completed. The most recent checkouts show in my Stripe account but will not load in this Zap to make the proper connection and pass the information we want. It will only load old purchases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Tre G,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dive further on why the trigger is not loading in new sample data. Could you please try these troubleshooting steps for me?

1. Reconnect your Stripe account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/stripe
  2. Open up the app that is sending information to Zapier. Create and submit a new entry that should trigger the Zap
  3. In a separate tab or window, open your Zap, and head to the “Test Trigger” section of the trigger. If sample data already exists, open the dropdown list of samples and select “Load More”
  4. The Zap will spend 10 seconds searching for more samples. If all went as it should, that new entry should appear in the list. If you don’t see that entry, select the “Load More” option again to pull in more samples

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

@ken.a Thanks for this recommendation! It worked to reconnect Stripe and recognized my new checkouts, however, Stripe doesn’t appear to be passing the information for customer email address connected with the order. Do you know if it’s typical for Stripe to pass an email address that Zapier can “catch”, or not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Tre G,

I’m glad my initial troubleshooting step worked!

As for the issue with the email address data not appearing, I've looked into this for you. It appears that the "Checkout Session Completed in Stripe" trigger should indeed contain email data under the "Customer" details:

8d2ee547c9d6681dec7bce663f8b9051.png
(view larger)

Could you kindly try generating new sample data once more, and make sure that there's an email address included in the customer details? This should allow the Zap to pull the necessary data.

Looking forward to your update and always here to help! 😊

Userlevel 1

@ken.a We included customer email and customer name in the checkout, but for some reason it is not passing that data for Zapier. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Tre G! Thanks for those extra details. If you don’t mind, I just wanted to clarify a few points:

We included customer email and customer name in the checkout…

Was this a test transaction made in the testing environment or was there a recent live transaction that included customer name/email address?

The reason I ask, is the testing environment isn’t supported by Zapier at the moment so these would need to be recent live transactions - ones we’ve confirmed have those fields filled out. 🙂

If all that is true, I just wanted to confirm that we tried to pull those new samples in using this same method:

1. ...head to the “Test Trigger” section of the trigger. If sample data already exists, open the dropdown list of samples and select “Load More”
  2. The Zap will spend 10 seconds searching for more samples. If all went as it should, that new entry should appear in the list. If you don’t see that entry, select the “Load More” option again to pull in more samples

Were you able to see those recent transactions….or is it continuing to pull the same samples? 

Keep us posted and thanks for your patience as we troubleshoot this with you! 

Userlevel 1

It was a recent live transaction that included customer name/email address, not a test, that did not pass the customer email. @christina.d 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Tre G,

It seems like there might be a bug with the Stripe "Checkout Session Completed" trigger. I recommend reaching out to our Support team who can help create a bug report on your behalf.

You can get in touch with our Support team here: Zapier Support

In the meantime, you might want to try a workaround using Webhooks by Zapier:

1. Use Stripe webhooks to trigger a (silent) Catch Hook in Webhooks by Zapier. You can create a webhook here: Stripe Webhooks
  2. More information on Stripe webhooks can be found here: Stripe Webhooks Summary
  3. A list of Stripe events can be found here: Stripe Events
    f1ccbdf6f6df1310ceb5d8976537fed0.png
    (view larger)

Please note, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, and troubleshooting can be a bit tricky as APIs have different structures and we can't see what's happening on the other side. But don't worry, we have some resources that might help:

If you're looking for more advanced features, you might find this blog post useful: Advanced Webhooks with the Zapier Platform Interface

For further assistance, you might want to check out our Zapier Community, specifically the "Code & Webhooks" category: Zapier Community

We also have a list of approved Zapier experts that you can hire for additional help: Zapier Experts

I hope this helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with. 😊