Best answer

Stripe custom field not appearing in Zap

• 2 July 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a Stripe checkout page (see screenshot) that has “email”, “name on card”, and two custom fields for “first name” and “last name”. By default Stripe brings through “name on card” as “name” and we were using that with a splitter function in our zap. However, sometimes the name on card is just an initial .e.g “J Adams” so our CRM was bringing through “J” as the first name. 

We added First Name and Last Name to the Stripe checkout page however these two custom fields are not coming through to Zapier. I have loaded a new customer from stripe and it sees it in the test data in Stripe. Any help appreciated. I’ve tried recreating the zap from scratch and it’s not pulling through.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 3 July 2023, 07:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @kwhitmore,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like custom fields are not yet supported by the Stripe integration. Also, I haven’t found any open feature request to support custom fields on the “New Customer” trigger.

I recommend reaching out to our Support team to have them create a feature request on your behalf. You can contact our Support team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

7cf4459bc2c0101f1790f9db385a8e46.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

I ran into a similar issue today. After swapping over to using the webhook from Stripe, I was able to see all of my custom fields.

I ran into a similar issue today. After swapping over to using the webhook from Stripe, I was able to see all of my custom fields.

Lockeyg, happy to hear that you managed to get it working. How did you swapped to using webhook from Stripe?

Hello @ken.a 
It’s been over 9months since the original post, 
I’m a new user running through the exact same issue, any news on this issue with the custom fields?
Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Zap-tmw,

Unfortunately, there are no updates regarding the feature request. However, you can use might be able to use the “New Event” trigger for this and use the customer.created in the “Events Type” field to see if it’ll pull the custom fields you’re looking for.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Thanks, but doesn’t work as some of these customers are recurring customers from past purchases. 
So if I use “new customer” as a trigger, it might miss some new sales from recurring customers. 

it’s really strange to give the possibility to have custom fields, and not be able to retrieve the family name separately at all.
The problem has been around for a long time, many threads online and on here show it’s been a problem for years. How’s this not fixed yet? It’s not a major feature tbh & it’s essential for automations following up on sales. 

Looking forward for a fix on this asap, thanks..