Best answer

Strava failing to fetch club activities

• 25 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Anyone else experiencing recent connectivity issues with Strava API for fetching club activities?

This just started happening 23Oct when attempting to fetch Strava club activities with nil zap or Strava club changes. Previously the zap was working seamlessly for years. I am admin on target Strava club. Throws this error when zap is in edit mode, attempting to load more activities to test the trigger. 

Failed to fetch a club activity from Strava

Error while retrieving: Unable to get new club activities. Error code 500: {"message":"error"}

Also getting this background error when manually running zap:

Error running Zap: 403: Forbidden

It’s as if Strava have changed the API yet nothing on Strava V3 API Changelog, the most recent being Jun15.

icon

Best answer by RALaBarge 25 October 2022, 18:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there @snillorh!

Taking a look at our data, I do not see a large uptick in errors in the past 5 days coming from Strava.  It looks like the error you mentioned is a pretty common one which the Strava API returns regularly.

I do not see any changes in the Zapier app for Strava either.  The last one was at the beginning of the year and there are no currently open bug reports either.  You may wish to reach out to our support team directly @ http://zapier.com/contact-us to request a copy of one of these recent errors and then reach out directly to the Strava support team and they should be able to tell you why their servers replied with this error.