Question

Squarespace form block add contact to Constant Contact

• 28 February 2023
  • 11 replies

Connecting a squarespace form submission with the only required filed :email  to add a contact to a constant contact list. api key generated, storage as Zapier for the block as instructed.   The screen for constant contact data is confusing. For example “Create Source” has 2 choices, Account and Contact. what does this choice mean? Then under “Email”  (required)  a dropdown list appears.  I chose the squarespace form name as this the only item that shows data. Then I chose the CC  list I want to add the submission to. There are many more fields below this but none are required. I get 3 green checks, app & event, account, set up action. Then when I attempt to test  I get a failed test. “Failed to create a contact in Constant Contact  with under it “Address Format” and No data was found. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zappa 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Hello! thanks.. Here are screens. I’ve tested the form with a valid email address entered in the sqaurespace form.  

I received a subscribe verification and  (responded… yes subscribe)  It  failed to add to the contacts over several tries. So one test only has worked which is the auto generated email from Zapier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zappa 

Screenshots did not upload.

http://www.lanwell.biz/screens

After looking at that series this is a question that I would appreciate answered. What do these choices mean?

The full series can be seen at the url above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zappa 

If the Contact submitted their info, then use Contact for the Source.

If you manually are adding the Contact, then use Account for the Source.

That is great. Thank you! So then Contact is the correct setting. 

However, now, why are we still getting a fail? Any ideas?

I get  email already in use, which is of course the zapper test email. But when I now use the live form with a never-used address,  it fails 

Did you visit this to see the series of screens that shows what is happening? (this image would not load here)

http://www.lanwell.biz/screens

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zappa 

Error message indicates the email already exists for a Contact and provides the existing Contact ID from Constant Contact.

You should change the Zap to e Find/Create Contact + Update Contact.

Find or Create-- no contact is created.

Non-function still  when I add “Update” and place Update and Create action  in order as you indicated, with update first. I do not understand  the majority of the options within Update Action,  so I am not able to determine which options to choose.

The list I have chosen “Website Sign-ups” continues to display the first test email added, only. (The Zapier demo address)  I have tested input in the email address form within squarespace with a  personal email that has not been used, with no results. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zappa 

In the CC Update Contact Zap action, the Contact ID field expects a CC Contact ID like the one shown in the example. (not an email address)

So you’d first need to add a Find Contact or a Find/Create Contact that will return the Contact ID to map between steps.