Best answer

Square to ClickUp Zap not working despite successful test runs

• 12 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I just set up a new Zap to add a task to Clickup when a new product is created in Square and it’s not working.

The test works when creating or editing the Zap (a test item does show up in Clickup).  I have a similar Zap that adds a task to Clickup from a different source and that also works.

There are no error messages, just nothing happens when I actually add a new product in Square.  No history of any runs in Zapier.

Attached is a screenshot showing how the Square trigger is set up.

Please let me know if you can help. thanks.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 14 December 2023, 06:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ncav2 

All the Square triggers are scheduled.

Polling triggers

The majority of triggers are polling triggers. They check (or poll) the app for data at regular intervals. The Zap will check if there's new data by comparing the item's unique ID to IDs it's already received before.

The interval it uses to check for data depends on your Zapier plan. The shorter the interval, the faster new data will come through the Zap.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for very much for your help, however still no new tasks have appeared in Clickup several hours later and there is no history of the Zap being run showing in Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ncav2 

Square Status: https://www.issquareup.com/

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Ok, thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ncav2,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It looks like you are trying to trigger off new products in Square is that correct? If so, triggering on new products in Square is not supported at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality.

Please let me know if you’d like to get added to the feature request.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Ok, it says “new catalog item” is the trigger, and specifically for an “item,” not a discount or something else.  I assumed that was a product, because the products are called “items” in Square. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ncav2,

According to Square’s API, the “New Catalog Item” triggers on a complete collection of data about product offerings and business processes involved in running the business”​​​​​

https://developer.squareup.com/docs/catalog-api/what-it-does

With that said, I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request to support the “New Product in Square” trigger. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Ok, thank you.