Best answer

Square Payment Processing Fee Frequently Missing

• 30 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I use Zapier to automatically log credit card transactions processed through Square onto Wave Apps. Unfortunately, it is becoming increasingly more frequent that the processing fee is missing from transactions, and thus creating an inaccurate accounting in Wave. It’s becoming more work to go back and fix then to just manually log the transactions myself.

There doesn’t seem to be rhyme or reason to which transactions have a different processing fee field name (tenders: processing_fee_money) in the data provided by Square, which is why Zapier (field can only be set to tenders: payment_processing_fee: amount_money: amount) isn’t logging them correctly. Will this issue ever be resolved?

icon

Best answer by rachael.silvano 31 October 2022, 14:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Update: It appears that the format for data coming in from Square is changing depending on whether the payment method was via swipe or contactless. 

I’ve updated the Zap to check for both fields, and will report back if it solves the problem moving forward so that others who may have similar issues can reference the post.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@nkraimondi thanks for the offer of coming in and sharing what you find with others- it’s exactly what we hope to do in the Community :] - for those looking as well, there does seem to be a bug report that was since closed around this topic of Square fee missing, I would encourage those who keep running into it to open a Support ticket, as they’ll be able to dive deeper than we can here. 

Userlevel 1

Update: The fix has worked without problems for 30 days. I’m considering this issue resolved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for confirming this, @nkraimondi! Glad to hear you were able to get this up and rollin! 🙂