Question

Square orders created through WooCommerce: missing product data - only shows as Order Paid with no other information.

Square orders created through WooCommerce: missing product data - only shows as Order Paid with no other information.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ADML,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Please also send a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action step that shows all of its fields? Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hello Ken,

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.  To be more specific, we would have expected that the fields from Square would be automatically mapped to fields in WooCommerce as per the labels shown below:

Yet, when we test the Zap, no data gets transferred to WooCommerce.  If we manually enter the fields where it says “Enter text or insert data...” it does transfer.  Does this mean that in order for this Zap to work we have to manually map all of the fields from Square to WooCommerce?  Even if the answer to this question is “Yes”, some of the important fields in Square seem to be missing (e.g. “City”, ”Province/State”, etc.).

Thanks for your help! 

Hello Ken, Do you need any additional information from me?

Hello?  Anyone there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ADML 

Help article about how to configure Zap actions steps by mapping variables between Zap steps:

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Thanks for the reply Troy.  I have read these articles already (several times in fact).

In the screenshot below:

Do the highlighted fields mean that the field is already mapped as shown or does a value need to be entered into the box that says “Enter text or insert data...”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ADML 

The highlighted text are field descriptions to help provide guidance about the expected values.

Fields marked as (required) expect a valid value be populated when the Zap Runs.

You can use the ‘Custom’ tab to map dynamic variables between Zap steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ADML 

It may be worthwhile to watch videos provided by Zapier about Zap 101 Basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjOW1axuOpk

ok, that’s what I figured.  When I search up “City” as a field to map, there is no “City” field to map as you can see below:

Is there no “auto mapping” feature that automatically maps common fields like “Name”, “Address”, “City”, “State”, “Country, “ZIP”, etc?

Here’s another example.  When I search up the “Country” field, this is the one option that comes back:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ADML 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined to know which Square Zap trigger you are using to give us more context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ADML

Is there no “auto mapping” feature that automatically maps common fields like “Name”, “Address”, “City”, “State”, “Country, “ZIP”, etc?

Zapier has this Beta AI feature available. (may not be available in all Zapier accounts/plans)

You previous reply gave me a clue to look at the Zap trigger.  I had the trigger set to “New Payment” instead of “New Order”.  Now that I changed it I see more of the fields that I need.  Then there are a whole bunch of fields that make no sense:

Is there some way to figure out what all of these fields mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ADML 

You would have to read the app API docs to have a better understanding of the data points and what each means.

It can be easier to view the returned data points in the Zap trigger to help you make sense of them and how they are nested.

Data payload responses from apps can return 100s of data points.

You can search by variable name or variable value to narrow the results.