Best answer

SquadCast error in creating a recording session: "Could Not Create Session, Cannot read properties of undefined"

• 21 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been trying to integrate calendly to squadcast. The goal: when someone signs up for a meeting time on Calendly, it creates a recording session in Squadcast. Important note: I AM a premium member on Calendly.

When I connect the APIs for both apps, the connections clear. But when I test it, I always get this message.

This error isn’t numbered. Calendly says it’s not an issue on their side. 

I’ve still published the zap and tested it manually, but no recording sessions ever get made in Squadcast. 

Any tips?

Thanks so much,

Monica

icon

Best answer by aboutprogress 22 August 2023, 18:44

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @aboutprogress 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have enough context.

Userlevel 1

HI! I’ve got lots of screenshots of the two steps I can see. I know it’s a lot, but it is uploaded here in order as you scroll from top to bottom, for both steps.

Let me know if this helps. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@aboutprogress 

Make sure to check the field descriptions for guidance about the expected values.

Userlevel 1

Meaning I need to change calendly to shift to year first?

Or are you saying to click on “more” there in that screenshot you reshared?

Thanks so much for your help!

m

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@aboutprogress 

You can use a Formatter > Date / Time > Format steps to get the values into the formats expected by the field.

Or 1 Code step can be used.

Click [more] to see more of the field description for guidance.

EXAMPLES

Userlevel 1

Thank you, Troy!

Is that recommendation for the Zapier side, Squadcast side, or Calendly side?

Formatter > Date / Time > Format 

m

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@aboutprogress 

Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/formatter/help

Userlevel 1

Thanks, Troy! I tried that and it didn’t work. But, I got an answer from customer service so I want to share it here if someone else is having this issue, as it did resolve the problem:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @aboutprogress,

That’s great news! We’re glad to hear the issue is now resolved!

Also, thank you for taking the time to share the solution provided by SquadCast support. This information will undoubtedly benefit other awesome members of our Community who may encounter a similar situation.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗