Best answer

SQL Query Case Sensitivity Issue in Zapier - Seeking Assistance

• 21 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I'm currently encountering an issue with executing an SQL query in Zapier. The SQL query, which works perfectly in pgAdmin, is encountering difficulties within Zapier.

Description of the Issue: When attempting to execute the following SQL query in Zapier:

SELECT * FROM public."User" ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 100;

(I enclosed the table name in double quotes because the first letter is uppercase.)

I get this error:

The query aims to retrieve records from the "User" table in the "public" schema, ordering them by the "id" column and limiting the results to 100. 

If you have any advice or if you've encountered a similar situation, please share your thoughts.

Thank you for your assistance!

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 November 2023, 12:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lblisa, welcome to the Community! 👋

Hmm, I wonder if it might be having issues because of the “public.” part. I’d normally expect the query to just have the user table referenced as “User” not as public.”User”. I’m thinking it should look like this:

SELECT * FROM "User" ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 100;

Can you try updating the query to the above and let us know if that fixes it? 

Hi @SamB, thanks for your reply! 

I also attempted the following variations without success:

• FROM "public.User"
  • FROM "User"

The error seems to be that the system does not read the uppercase letter and so claim that the table is undefined.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that didn’t solve it @lblisa. Having the table name enclosed in double quotes should be allowing it to be referenced correctly. 

I spotted that you’ve also reached out to our Support team who have opened up a bug report for this issue. As support mentioned, we’re unable to provide an ETA on when it will be resolved by but we’ll be in touch via email as soon as it is.

For anyone who’s running into this same issue and comes across this thread, the recommendation from Support was to rename the table to lowercase in the meantime so that the query can be run successfully. Not an ideal solution I know but hopefully will help to get your PostgreSQL related Zaps up and running for now. 🤞