Best answer

SOS Inventory to HubSpot CRM - Sales order to deals issue

• 29 February 2024
  • 12 replies

I created a Zap to pull sales orders from SOS inventory into HubSpot & create a “deal” - it works but it will not assign the deal to the appropriate sales person / Department. That field seems to be static. When I get to the Deal owner it brings up all the potential sales people, but one assigned the zap assigns all “deals” to that person. I need to segment it and assign the deal to whoever created / closed the sale… Any ideas, or help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 February 2024, 04:10

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jefb3us 

For us to have context, we will need to see screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured.

The 2nd png show where the deal owner is assigned. It seems this should be a variable rather than static field, meaning whoever created the deal should be the person there rather than just picking one person that is is always assigned to. I have trouble shot many times with no real luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Jefb3us,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Does the SOS Inventory app return the name of the Sales Representative in the trigger data? If not, I’d recommend using the “Find Sales Order” action after the trigger to return the name of the Sales Representative. Additionally, since the “Deal Owner” field in HubSpot looks for the ID I’d recommend utilizing the Formatter Lookup Table function to match the Sales Representative to the Owner ID.

You can learn more about the Lookup Table here: 

Also, you can use Google Sheets as your lookup table here: 

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction!

Thank you! I will try to figure this out, I am limited in the IT world… I know a lot more about welding and manufacturing, unfortunately now I have to know about a lot of stuff...LOL… Thanks for the advice and I will try to figure it out this weekend. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Jefb3us! I’m glad I was able to help you out!

I completely understand, if you’d like some personal help I’d recommend reaching out to one of our certified Zapier Experts to help you streamline your workflow.

You can reach our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Jefb3us,

I wanted to chime in here to ensure you achieved your desired outcome. 

In case you have not, here’s what I’d recommend building on @ken.a’s suggestions.

Make a lookup table searching for email from SOS Inventory and matching the HubSpot user ID. The HubSpot user ID is what you’ll want to pass for the deal owner in the Create a Deal in HubSpot step not the email.

Here’s how to get to your user IDs in HubSpot:

Build your lookup table using the Formatter by Zapier step:

Then, you’ll pass the id from this step into the create deal step:

Best,
Ryan Schweighart
Whole Hart Impact, LLC
whimpact.co
I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Jefb3us,

I just came across a step to use instead of building the lookup table.

Use the Get Owner by Email step instead of building the lookup table with the Formatter by Zapier step.

This will be a better solution as you don’t have to maintain the lookup table.

Once you have the ID, you can pass it in the Create Deal in HubSpot step. See the last screenshot in my 3/13/24 post.

Hi @Jefb3us,

I just came across a step to use instead of building the lookup table.

Use the Get Owner by Email step instead of building the lookup table with the Formatter by Zapier step.

This will be a better solution as you don’t have to maintain the lookup table.

Once you have the ID, you can pass it in the Create Deal in HubSpot step. See the last screenshot in my 3/13/24 post.

Man, I have tried and tried, I just can’t get it to work…. It’s probably something really silly I am missing….This shouldn’t be so hard just to get one piece of info...Sheesh!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Dang, I’m sorry to hear about the troubles, @Jefb3us. Have you verified they are in HubSpot? And the email you are looking up is the one in HubSpot?

Could you send a screenshot of your step setup and/or any errors you get while testing the step?

All my users are in HS - I cannot “get owner by email” as SOS does not transmit that info. They transfer Sales Rep & department (which are the same) ie. Jeff Buster, Brian McGowan, but there is no way to tie that (as far as I know) to the HS user ID

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ok @Jefb3us, it sounds like you will need to use the lookup table after all. Instead of email, use the sales rep ID to map to the HubSpot user ID and for the lookup key, use sales rep ID from SOS Inventory.

Hi @Jefb3us,

I wanted to chime in here to ensure you achieved your desired outcome. 

In case you have not, here’s what I’d recommend building on @ken.a’s suggestions.

Make a lookup table searching for email from SOS Inventory and matching the HubSpot user ID. The HubSpot user ID is what you’ll want to pass for the deal owner in the Create a Deal in HubSpot step not the email.

Here’s how to get to your user IDs in HubSpot:

Build your lookup table using the Formatter by Zapier step:

Then, you’ll pass the id from this step into the create deal step: