Best answer

Some of the Email Parser fields are missing in My Zap.

• 18 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m using the email parser with discrete success in some Zaps. The problem I’m having is that some of the fields I create in the Email Parser app are not shown as options to select when I’m building the zaps. 

The problem is presented in a very similar fashion for different Zaps and email parser mailboxes. I’m selecting the corresponding text in the template and giving this-name "name" to the field, but then when I go in the Zap and i want to add "name" as "first name" in the mailchimp options, I can't find the field "name" in the option given by the email parser app. I expected the field to appear in one of the lines I canceled in the screenshot above.

I’m pretty new to Zapier, so I believe there is something I’m missing, but I can’t find an answer in the documentation. Or is it a sync problem (and I’m speaking of hours) 

Thanks for the help

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 September 2023, 17:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Paolo Confa 

Good question.

In my opinion, the free Zapier Email Parser is not robust or reliable.

I’d recommend using a different approach:

• Mailparser
  • AI
    • ChatGPT - Extract Structured Data
  • Code
    • JavaScript / Python
Userlevel 1

Thanks for the answer. I had tried making a bunch on template from other email received and now it’s working better... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Paolo Confa! Glad to hear Troy was able to provide you a workaround.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗