Question

SMTP error adding new account: Authentication failed, you are sending to/from an address that has been blackisted

• 15 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Continuing to get this message when i’m trying to add an email address. other email addresses have connected finde and are zapping away but this particular email gives me this message:

the difference with this email is it is a sub domain email, I’m guessing that's not supported?

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: {'test@zapiermail.com': (550, b'Verification failed for <test@example.com>\n"Sorry, you are sending to/from an address that has been blacklisted"\nSender verify failed')}

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Soph x,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting SMTP. It looks like there may be an issue with the system sending the test email, which it does to confirm the connection.

Could you try entering the email from your SMTP account into the "From Email" field? It's indicated is "optional" but often entering in an address you want to send from will help with connection issues.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495939901709-How-to-Get-Started-with-SMTP-on-Zapier

Let me know if this works. I'll be here if you need any help. 😊