Question

SMTP by Zapier error: DATA END command failed Detail: Message rejected: Email address is not verified.

• 12 July 2023
  • 8 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a new zap 'New Inbound Email in Email by Zapier'.
I have a problem when I want to send an email from Elementor to my zapier address xxx.xxxx@zapiermail.com
I get the following error message: 
Email Source: Elementor Pro
Mailer: Other SMTP
SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-3: xxx.xxxx@zapiermail.com
SMTP code: 554

How can I have my xxxxx@zapiermail.com e-mail address verified?
Thanks in advance

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Laure 

Good question.

Perhaps you can take a step back and describe more about what you are trying to configure with the Zap.

There might be an alternative approach based on your feedback.

Hello @Troy Tessalone 

I manage my newsletter mailing on systeme.io.
And I'd like to use forms managed by Elementor and not by système.io on my site (design issue).
I would like to transfer new subscribers to Systeme.io via an e-mail.
I could use Webhooks and I've tested it and it works, except that it's a premium feature, and I thought I could do just as well with an automatic e-mail, and retrieve my subscriber's first name and e-mail address via this e-mail.

I hope I've made myself clear, English is not my mother tongue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Laure 

Check out this related topic:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Laure 

Perhaps try using Email Parser by Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/email-parser/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Otherwise...

If you use Email by Zapier to receive a new inbound email, then you will have to do email parsing.

If you have to do email parsing, then you will need a multi-step Zap.

If you have a multi-step Zap, then you will need a paid Zapier plan.

If you have a paid Zapier plan, then why not use Webhooks?

Thanks for your reply. But I don't want to use webhook because it's a paid version, and for the moment it would be too expensive. As I'm in the professional trial version, I've been able to test Webhooks by Zapier and it works very well. But I'd have liked to be able to do it via Email by Zapier to stay with the free version, for the time being.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Laure 

Perhaps try using Email Parser by Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/email-parser/integrations#triggers-and-actions

@Troy

No, I only have the 14-day paid trial version, after which I go back to the free version.
I don't have to go through a multi-step. I just want the subscriber's first name and e-mail address.
I put the first name in the subject and the e-mail address as the sender's e-mail address. I've just tested it and it works.
My only problem is that my @zapiermail e-mail address isn't verified, and I don't know how to verify it.

TP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-3: laureganisatrice.hsfsew@zapiermail.com
SMTP code: 554

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Laure 

You can try testing the Zap trigger step to see if that resolves the issue.

You can try creating a new Zap with a different email address to see if that resolves the issue.