Skip to main content
Question

SMS by Zapier can’t send text messages from my phone number

• 4 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hiya all, I’m Fred, new zapper here.

I am pumped that I can automate Teams, Slack, and Whatsapp messages. I use Google Messages as my text messaging service with my Google Pixel. I’d like to be able to automate the sending of text messages, but can’t seem to figure out how to do that with my current phone number.

The SMS by Zapier is not connecting with my phone, and I don’t see a way to send text messages from my phone number.

Any tips?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Freducation 

To send SMS, you would need to use a Zap app that supports that action.

Check out the available Zap apps in the Phone & SMS Category: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Freducation! 😁 

Just wanted to clarify that SMS by Zapier can only be used to send messages to your phone number, not from it. When connecting your account you would enter your phone number into the To Number field:
a8783723bf6d908e9e16ee90148789a0.png

And then, in the From Number field in the Zap you can optionally select a number that you want to receive messages from. You can learn more about using SMS by Zapier here: Send text messages in Zaps 

If you’re wanting to send messages from your own phone number to other people then, as Troy mentioned, you’d need to check out one of the other apps in the Phone & SMS category.

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues or have any further questions at all just let us know! 🙂