Skip to main content
Question

Smiirl email counter doesn't decrement when someone unsubscribes.

• 23 May 2024
  • 3 replies

We have a Smiirl counter in the office, and we are connecting it to Ortto, where our subscribers are registered.

It's set up so that every time someone subscribes to our email list, it increments the value by +1. This part works correctly. The issue arises with decrementing the value by -1 if someone decides to unsubscribe from our email list.

I've tried different methods. I'm using two paths for this, each with custom rules.

Only continue if!

Path 1: Exists

Path 2: Does not exist

I get this error message for Path 2:

"Your path would not have continued for this test data. If this was unexpected, edit your rules below, or modify your test record to test this branch and retest. Learn more."

TEST RECORD

Created: 2024-05-23 09:38:48

ITEMS THAT DIDN’T MATCH

Contact email: carolina@sphinxly.se

I've also tried using a Boolean true/false approach, but I encountered the same issue.

If you have a solution to this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Best regards, Jim

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @JimMaia ,

The error “Your path would not have continued for this test data…….” is expected because contact email does exist.

Can you create a new activity on Ortto and make sure the email is not present? Than select the latest test data from Trigger event → Than retest Path B. 

Hi @jayeshkumarbhatia

This doesn't really work either. I'm not sure if the rules I have in place are sound. The first trigger is set for either a subscription or an unsubscription, and every choice after that is adapted to this initial trigger. Essentially, every rule and option available is based on the trigger chosen at the beginning.

Am I missing something here? Can you have two triggers at the beginning instead of one? The only solution I can think of is having two separate zaps: one for new subscriptions and another for unsubscriptions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @JimMaia,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Unfortunately, you can only use one trigger per Zap. Creating two separate Zaps for this is probably the best approach here since you’d need to choose a specific activity in the “New Activity” trigger.

Hopefully, this helps!