Skip to main content

I am having issues with Smartsheet not pulling in row ids. I manually put the row ID and its returning empty as its not pulling columns either so there are no input fields. I have tried resetting my connections on both Zapier and Smartsheet.

Hi there @Waters,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please let me know the Smartsheet action you’re using?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

@ken.a Lol I guess that would help. I am currently using google sheets triggering on new or updated row with the action to find a row in Smartsheet. I have also tried updating a row in Smartsheet but am having the same issue with rows not populating. Things I have tried so far:

Manually putting in the row
Unlinking the account in both Zapier and Smartsheet
Different rowID formatting but according to the documentation I should be doing it correctly

Any insights or more information I can provide let me know.

Hi @Waters,

Thanks for the additional information here.

I did some digging into this, and it seems like you’re running into a known bug where the “New Row Update” action can't find any rows to assign a row ID to update. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with Smartsheet on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.