Best answer

Slack "Send Channel Message" with Auto-Expand Links set to false still shows link previews.

• 17 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear community,

I am using a Slack Send Channel Message step and set “Auto-Expand Links” to false (see highlighted in green). However, the notifications still show up with a preview each which is very annoying (see below). Is there any way to fix this? I would like to send them as separate messages (rather than e.g. Digest) so that we can easily comment on each thread.

Many thanks! 

icon

Best answer by SamB 21 August 2023, 13:26

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @greenhouseautomation,

Before we dive deeper, could you please try setting the “Send as bot” field to “no”?

7ca3c5bad7d6904668f35cb84b281525.png
(view larger)

After that, please test the Zap again to see if it’ll still show the auto-expanded link?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, I will do so and will update you tomorrow morning once the messages run again.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ken.a unfortunately they still send with links that auto-expand. I would appreciate it if you have any ideas!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @greenhouseautomation! 👋

Sorry to hear that changing the Send as a bot? setting to No didn’t fix it. I did some looking into this and it seems that you’re running into a bug here where the option selected for the Auto-Expand Links setting isn’t being adhered to. So I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of users being impacted by that bug.

Although I can't provide a date for when this will be resolved by, you will definitely be updated by email once it's been sorted. There aren’t any other workarounds reported currently but if we come across any we’ll be sure to share them with you here. 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @SamB

We are suffering same issue but the opposite side. We want the links to be auto expanded but not working ;(

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ActionPower,

I have added you to the open bug report as another affected member. While we don’t have an ETA for the bug’s fix. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.