Skip to main content
Without file attached

with file attached - Zapier’s name and icon shows up instead.

This is a critical issue for my team’s experience. Please tell me how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Zariff

Hi @zarifftcd 

Might be a bug with the Slack Zap step configuration.

Try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi @zarifftcd,

Welcome to the community. After checking with the Slack team, they mentioned that this behavior only happens in thread preview mode. The threaded message will still get the icon that you choose. However, the Slack team has not provided an update regarding whether they will update this feature in the future. I hope this clarifies your concern with the issue. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you.

Thank you for your response @JammerS 

I’m unclear what you mean by thread preview mode. The message I shared above is a channel message.

Thanks and regards,

Zariff

Hi @zarifftcd,

Welcome to the community. After checking with the Slack team, they mentioned that this behavior only happens in thread preview mode. The threaded message will still get the icon that you choose. However, the Slack team has not provided an update regarding whether they will update this feature in the future. I hope this clarifies your concern with the issue. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you.

Hi @zarifftcd,

Those were the news coming from the app developers. We’ll keep you posted whenever there’s an update from the app developers regarding the issue.