Question

Slack message posted twice and at the incorrect time

• 27 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Two problems:

--Well it for some reason is posting in slack twice… identical message.

--- Also I set it to post X days, Y mins before Z event happened, it did post on X day but not the minutes. It’s all in the same time zone which is set right. So for example, it should have posted at 8pm but it didn’t show up until 9:23pm. 

Perhaps zapier isn’t that precise? If so, is there a window I should plan for it to complete the action? 

TIA!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry we missed your reply previously, @mdhillison!

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved this out from the old topic into a brand new one so it gets more attention! That said, it’s been a while since you posted so not sure if you were able to get this solved already?

If not, for the first issue can you check the Zap History to confirm whether the Zap is triggering twice for the same information, or whether it’s triggering once but two messages are being posted?

And for the second issue it might be posting at the incorrect time if there’s a difference in timezones between SignupGenius and Slack. Or if there was a delay in the Zap running. Can you share some screenshots showing the set up of the Zap and a recent example from the Zap History showing the Data In and Data Out for the Slack action that posted the Slack message at the wrong time? Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from the screenshots before sharing.

If you were able to get this solved already, would you mind sharing some details of the solution you implemented? We’d love to hear more about how you solved it so others can benefit from your experience here! 🙂