Best answer

Slack error: While requesting "dev_method" from LinkenId Ads, we ran into an error: Cannot convert undefined or null to object

• 11 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi there,

I am using LinkedIn ads as a trigger and no matter what action I choose, I always get the error “While requesting "dev_method" from LinkedIn Ads we ran into an error: Cannot convert undefined or null to object”.

Could anyone help me? Support just asked me to wait and I have been waiting since Sunday.

Actions tested:

1. Create organisation in Pipedrive
  2. Sending slack message without using any fields from the LinkedIn Ads
  3. Delay

All led to the same errors.

Can anyone provide some guidance please?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by hoon 20 October 2023, 17:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Tgg 

Good question.

Check your LinkedIn Ads Zap app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Try removing then reconnecting the app.

Tried that multiple times but still not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Tgg 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi I am having the same problem.

While requesting "dev_method" from LinkedIn Ads we ran into an error: Cannot convert undefined or null to object

when trying to create a salesforce lead from a linkedin lead gen form. 

The above help did not work either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jhinson,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like @Tgg reached out to our Support Team regarding this error, and it turned out to be a bug.

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. While we can’t provide an exact timeframe for the bug’s fix. However, we will let you know via email once it is fixed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Our team researched and talked with the folks at LinkedIn about this error we were seeing with the LinkedIn Ads integration. I'm sorry that you were seeing errors with it.

LinkedIn has let us know that they identified the root cause (an unexpected, internet-traffic incident) and believe that this has been resolved. We're seeing that these errors have stopped occuring as well.

If you run into any further problems or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help!