Best answer

"Slack connection error: Try recreating the workflow step."

Userlevel 3

Hello.

I am trying to create a new spreadsheet row in Google Sheets with data from a Slack workflow, specifically responses to a question form. Normally, a Zap gets automatically created in Zapier when the Slack workflow is published, but for some reason it’s not happening and I get a message like this “The Zap corresponding to this workflow step could not be found. Try recreating the workflow step. If this issue persists please contact Zapier Support. step_id=0a6f25e7-b4e6-44ca-8b20-77543bd25c15 root_id=158143689”. I have tested the connections several times between the different apps and it seems to be working. I have also recreated the Slack workflow steps or entire workflow, and it’s not working either. Not really sure what’s going on…  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 March 2023, 01:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MTLGuy 

Have you tried contacting Zapier Support as suggested by the error message?

https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Try recreating the workflow step. If this issue persists please contact Zapier Support. step_id=0a6f25e7-b4e6-44ca-8b20-77543bd25c15 root_id=158143689”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @MTLGuy! I can see you were able to open that ticket with support, which is perfect! If you hadn’t had a chance to review had replied with the following:

Could you please send me the link to one of the Zaps that is working successfully so that I can better understand what you want to achieve? 

Also, may I ask you to record a short video (using Loom for example) showing the steps you're taking in Slack Workflow builder until you get the error message? It will give us more context here in support so that we can further troubleshoot. 

I will wait for your feedback, and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Hopefully together ya’ll will be able to come to a solution. Keep us posted on your success! 🙂

Userlevel 3

Hi @christina.d.

I created a Loom video and sent it to you in your dm.

Could you please confirm that you received it ?

Thanks!

Hi there, I’m having a very similar issue where I’m creating a workflow in Slack where neither Zapier or Slack seem to be able to recognize eachother, even though the existing workflow are still linked up and were working (up until I was told by customer support to sever the connections and try to reconnect them, which just broke all of my existing connections and did not allow them to reconnect.)

I’m getting the same error message, “The Zap corresponding to this workflow step could not be found. Try recreating the workflow step.” I’ve been communicating with someone from customer support but the response time is very slow. Would love to see if there is any update on this or help to my issue as well.

Userlevel 3

Hi @JlovettAirApps 

I’m also in contact with customer support. I’ll post any update I receive here.

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

We are also experiencing this issue in our workspace with both Google Sheets and Excel Sheets. Looks like a global issue.

Looking forward to see any updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @MTLGuy, @JlovettAirApps, and @freshuh!

I wanted to pop in and confirm this is a known bug with the Slack Workflow Builder. Ya’ll have all been added to the list of impacted users. While we don’t have an ETA when a fix will be merged we’ll be sure to email and keep the thread updated as soon as it is.

Thanks so much for flagging this! 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’d also like to report I’m having the same issue if I can be kept up to date of resolution. In our case we are trying to create a ticket in Jira from a slack workflow.

Is there any workaround solution in the meantime?

Userlevel 3

Hey all, I’ve been struggling with this issue for a while too. After much back & forth with the Zapier support team, we finally had a bit of an a-ha moment: all of the Zaps I’d created via the Slack workflow that “could not be found" (as per the error message) were actually in my “Trash” folder in Zapier. Once I moved them back into a normal folder and re-enabled them, these Zaps then fired successfully when the corresponding workflows were initiated.

However, it’s still a mystery as to how or why these Zaps got trashed in the first place. I just created a net new Slack workflow today and almost immediately, the associated Zap wound up in the trash (without my doing). So Zapier still definitely needs to figure out what is going on there 🤔 

But in the meantime, I’d recommend anyone struggling with this issue check your Trash folder ( https://zapier.com/app/zaps/folder/trash) and see if the missing Zaps can be found there! 

Userlevel 1

Confirm this solved it for me too, it was in the Trash...

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @mary_rockerbox@Denis Inspectify 

Good thing that this workaround for the bug is working. Thank you for helping everyone to the right track, @mary_rockerbox. I will add you both to the bug report, and we will update you guys via email. Thanks!

Userlevel 3

Thanks @jammer.solijon! Special shout-out to Nadia W. on the Zapier Support team who helped identify where these missing Zaps were ending up. 

Userlevel 1

Retrieving from Trash worked for me too!
However, I would like to add that we are experiencing a delay on how the information gets Zapped then sent to the channel. Is there anyway this can be prevented? @christina.d @jammer.solijon

Thanks in advanced!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @dpzap 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user. We’ll update you via email once ready. Thank you!

Hi jammer.solijon,

I also having a same issue too.

However, I couldn’t find the Zap in my trash folder.

Cloud you add me the list of impacted users?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @Naomi Yamasaki 

Welcome to the community! We apologize for the inconvenience. Let me add you to the list of affected users, and we'll update you via email once there are any changes.

I had the same problem in Carvuk.com
(Workflow builder + Zapier + Google Sheets) not working

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @nicoveg4 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users. Rest assured that you will be notified via email once there is any update. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I wanted to pop in and confirm this is a known bug with the Slack Workflow Builder. 

Hey friends! Swinging by with some good news!

🥁🥁🥁🥁

A fix has been merged and this bug is officially closed - no more digging through your trash to get your zap running.

Thanks so much for hanging in there with us and happy zapping! 🧡