Best answer

Slack channel_not_found Error, even though I know channel exists.

• 8 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I created a Zap that will send a notification to one of about 50 market channels in Slack when a new row is found in Snowflake. 

The channels are all public, and are set up like #mkt-dco-submitted. I have the mkt abbreviation as one of the fields in the query, so it will route the message to the correct market’s channel (ie. #atl-dco-submitted).

The problem is, about 20 of the markets return a  channel_not_found error in slack when the bot runs, and I have no idea why. 

I checked the channel spellings, made sure they are all public, and cant seem to find a reason some would be detected and others wouldn’t 

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 8 August 2022, 23:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Casey84

I did some poking around and it looks like you were able to get this sorted with our support team - which is perfect!

I’ll post their solution here in case it’s helpful to anyone following along:

I have noticed that the only possible issue we could be running here is the Abbreviation field coming from your trigger is including upper case characters, which is against the channel/conversation naming rules in Slack.

To try fixing this, I would recommend either submitting this data into Snowflake already in lower cases or, adding a Formatter by Zapier action step to transform the text into low cases and remapping the input into your Slack action step.