Best answer

Slack bot profile photo not working

• 12 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have created automatic link sharing for a new post on our website to be shared in a slack channel. I have set up 14 of these and they have all worked perfectly apart from one set up which refuses to have the Bot icon changed to our logo. I have gone through the slack permissions, changed the hosting of the logo, deleted and remade the Zap and nothing seems to be working. I haven’t got any files sharing so that shouldn’t be having an effect. I have attached the settings I have for the Zap action in case there is something glaringly wrong there but it is set up the same way all my other working Zaps have been.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 May 2023, 18:26

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Richard King,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I'm sorry to hear that your Zap isn't working as expected. Before we dive deeper into the issue, could you please try replacing the image URL and make sure that the URL ends with ".png", as mentioned in the help text for the "Bot Icon" field?

c8f2ca7e8e560abdea5141c8483e88c4.png
(view larger)

Let me know if that helps! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Richard King 

Good question.

It’s likely the Bot Icon URL needs to end with a file format. (e.g. .png)

Userlevel 1

I’ll give that a shot ,thank you guys.

Userlevel 1

That has worked thank you very much guys!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Glad to hear Troy was able to get you sorted @Richard King ! Come back any time with anything else you may run into and we’re happy to help 😀

-Rachael

I am unfortunately unable to dynamically change the profile photo of the bot to a profile photo hosted in Slack. For example i use the Find User by Email step; which pulls in the profile photo ; however when I put that url ending in .png in my workflow - i always see the zapier logo not the image I have requested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @bizriz,

I recreated your workflow and here’s how I achieved it:

4dd579efeeac9236778c5ac730c0e776.png
(view larger)

7aae1f1a78820d0c4e537a835c308a79.png
(view larger)

Here’s the result:

b0392ca8db27bd24b538e8bf3069edaf.png
(view larger)

Could you please give this a try, and let me know how it goes?