Question

Slack bot icon defaulting to Zapier on iOS

• 15 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Slack bot icon is shown correctly on Slack desktop app but is defaulting to zapier’s orange icon on IOS. Bot name is correct though 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zetmate

If you have a Zapier paid plan, you can submit a ticket to Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Hi @zetmate did you ever get a fix for this? I am seeing this issue too

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Carly P,

As a quick test for a workaround, would you be able to use an image URL for the bot icon as in this example, instead of the icon name in slack directly?  

49298c6ab214d719ef79b95e3e14fb09.png
(view larger)

Could you please give that a try, and let me know how it goes?

Userlevel 1

that worked! thanks

Userlevel 1

@ken.a sorry another question, in testing i noticed that sometimes the bot name / icon show up and sometimes it doesn’t (see pic) any idea why? where is says “Our values” that is a new zap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Carly P,

I think this is a part of Slack's design to reduce visual clutter within conversations. If the same person/bot sends multiple messages in a row within a short period of time, Slack will only display their profile picture (or icon) and name with the first message. Any subsequent messages will only display the message content since it's understood they're still from the same person/bot. If someone else contributes to the conversation or some considerable time has passed, the profile picture and name will again be displayed for clarity.

(Tested this on my end as well)

2628e7ad521b489316877454eb40ea8e.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

got it - thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Carly P! I’m glad to hear I was able to clear things up for you!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗