Best answer

Signaturit 400 Bad Request: Wrong document list (application/octet-stream)

• 5 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have a document in base64 like ‘data:application/pdf;base64,{base64string}’ and I need it to use it in File parameter for creating a document in signaturit. I end up having a 400 bad request and signaturit says ‘wrong document list’ cause its application/octet-stream. Is any way around for this kind of stuff? Any help? Thank you

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 5 October 2023, 17:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SSCC atsistemas 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with the error and how your Zap steps are configured?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

The trigger is just receiving the data for the signature request, the second step is to treat the message received from the SNS, the third step is to make an API Request to get the pdf in base 64 and the fourth step is the screenshot and its where I’m trying to manage the base64 to actually send it to the fifth step.

​​​​​​

And this is the signaturit error from the API. I think the main error is the name of the document or de type, if you see the screenshot it says “application/octet-stream” and the name is the full text with “.txt” at the end, so I dont know how to proceed with this, I’d appreciate any help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SSCC atsistemas 

The File field expects file objects or a file link, which is a public direct download url.

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Troy Tessalone, I have configured a link to get the file and it works really well :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @SSCC atsistemas! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗