Best answer

Shrink Text on Overflow setting not conveying - Google Slides - Create Presentation from Template

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I am trying to create a two page cert with google slides and the second page may have a varying amount (sometimes a lot) of text and I really need the textbox with the placeholder to “shrink text on overflow” but after using the “Create Presentation from Template” Zap, it ALWAYS seems to revert to “do not autofit” which is causing the text to overflow which isn’t good for auto creating certificates.

When looking at the API it looks like the shrink text preference isn’t being conveyed for the TEXT_BOX shape… Is this an update that’s needed from the Zapier team’s end or is there a workaround that I can implement?

Thank you for your help - please let me know if any addition information would be helpful.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 4 May 2023, 16:59

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @cptech,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I looked into this further, and it looks like you're right - the Zap is changing this to a different default style when it's being sent.

I wanted to let you know that we do have an open feature request for this, and I've added your email address to the list of interested users. While I don't have an exact timeline for when this feature will be implemented, we will update you via email as soon as we have any news on this.

Unfortunately, it seems that there's no current workaround for this issue. I'm sorry for hitting a dead end here, but I appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Definitely is a bummer! Thank you for the information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @cptech,

I'm sorry to hear that! I know it's a disappointment, but we appreciate your understanding. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. We're always here to help you in any way we can. 😊

I would like this to be fixed too please. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Mattyr,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. While we don’t have an exact ETA on when this feature will get implemented. We will let you know via email once it is.

Thank you for your understanding.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Please add me to the email list for this feature, as well! I’m pretty sad it’s not working :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Todd Harper,

I have added you as well to the open feature request. We will keep you in the loop via email once the feature has been implemented.

I appreciate your understanding.

Hi there, is there an update about this thread? Please add me to the email list for this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @RecruitNow,

I checked our feature request for this, and it seems like the feature request is still open. That said, I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. We will let you know via email once the feature has been implemented.

Thank you.

Hi,

any update on this? Would need this urgently as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Vincelocq,

I wanted to let you know that I have added your vote to the list of interested members for this feature request. However, I am unable to provide you with a specific timeframe for when this feature will be implemented.

There are several factors that we consider before prioritizing issues such as the complexity of the feature request, the number of users interested in it, and the scope of the issue. Additionally, the timeframe may vary based on whether we have full control over the issue or if we need to collaborate with our partner apps to resolve it.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.