Skip to main content

I am sending my shopify orders to create purchase orders in Xero, and all of a sudden the address field is no longer populating across multiple lines, it’s squashing each line together.

I have tried going in and re-using return to create lines, even leaving a space in between the lines, commas, and even formatting the address earlier in the process but it keeps coming back as one string of text no line spaces. I even tried to use code but it was rejected.

Hi @TBTC 

That depends on the field type.

If it’s a single line input vs a multiline textbox, then the result is expected.

Try adding spaces and commas between the mapped variables to properly distinguish the address parts.

Hi Troy,

Yes, it’s multiple single line input to get to a multi line output, I’ve tried spaces and commas and neither worked. The frustration is that it used to work fine on exactly the same zap. It asked me to update while I was editing another part and now it doesn’t work- the formatter doesn’t work either.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi @TBTC,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a similar issue when using the “Create Sales Invoice” action where the “Description” field doesn’t allow line breaks. However, it looks like our engineering team have enabled that functionality on that field yesterday.

I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to create a feature request on your behalf to enable line breaks in the “Delivery Address” field when using the “Create Purchase Order” action.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps.