Best answer

Creating Spreadsheet row in Google Sheets error: This step maps field that don't seems to be available.

• 8 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

My simple zap was working, now it's not. There is a ⚠️ which tells me to fix the highlighted mappings, but no mapping is highlighted for me to fix, and I’ve double checked that all are correct. 

Error message: “This step maps fields that don’t seem to be available Click the highlighted mappings to replace them, unless you know they will be available when the Zap runs.”

icon

Best answer by ken.a 9 June 2023, 04:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @MikeMyler! Thanks for reaching out in community - sorry to hear you’re running into this. We definitely want to help!

Before diving in, I wanted to mention Google Sheets can be a bit particular in terms of setup and editing. Here’s a guide on the best way to setup your Google Sheets to work with Zapier. 

When and where are you seeing this error message? For example are you seeing this when the zap runs live or when you’re setting it up for testing?

Are you able to share some screenshots with us? - that may help the community troubleshoot with you. 🙂The first one we’d need is one of the error message itself and where you’re seeing it.

Then if you wouldn’t mind sharing a screenshot of the trigger and action step setup - just be sure to blur out any personal info like names, emails or addresses. Here’s an example of what we’re looking for, for both the trigger and action step. 

Thanks so much in advance for your help and looking forward to digging into this with you!

Badge

Thank you Christina.d

Seeing the error after it’s live.

After watching the video I just found a bunch of entries I was using to test down at the very bottom of the spreadsheet (rows 1005-1008). Do I just delete all above rows between the data at the top and the data at the bottom?

Here is the Trigger

Here is the Action Step

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MikeMyler,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

If the Zap is adding rows at the bottom of your spreadsheet. Here’s what you want to do:

1. Turn off the Zap
  2. Delete all of the blank rows in your spreadsheet
  3. Reconnect your Google Sheets account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/google-sheets
  4. Test the Zap again

Also, while you're making changes to your spreadsheet, please make sure that your Zap is turned off. It's important to avoid performing the following actions while the Zap is active:

• Deleting existing rows or columns.
  • Adding rows anywhere other than to the bottom of your sheet.
  • Resorting the sheet.
  • Renaming/adding/rearranging columns.
  • Renaming the sheet.
  • Filtering the sheet.

This could make the Zap run into some troubles more about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495995099533-Common-Problems-with-Google-Sheets-on-Zapier#the-google-sheets-trigger-on-my-zap-stopped-working-0-0

Please let us know if that worked. 😊

Badge

Thank you all! Very helpful, and the issue is resolved. Deleting the rows worked, and now I know to turn off the zap any time I’m editing the spreadsheet, than, you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Awesome, thanks for letting us know that did the trick for you, @MikeMyler! Glad to hear it’s working. 🎉