Question

Shopify & Flodesk zap not working

• 14 September 2023
  • 13 replies

Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hey hey!  

I’m having troubles with my zaps working in real time, integrating Shopify to Flodesk.  I want the zap to send a customers email from a specific product purchase in Shopify and insert them into a segment inside Flodesk to send them targeted emails based off the specific product they purchased in Shopify.  I set the Zap up and the tests ran fine, but as I was running tests in real-time, it looks like the zap is not working.  I checked the segment inside Flodesk and there was no email added into the segment.  Below I have screenshots of how I have the Zap set up, I wonder if the filter I’m using is correct?  THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help in advance!!!! 

Screenshot #1: the trigger I have set up 

Screenshot #2: the filter I have set up

Screenshot #3: the action I have set up

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cassiemacfarlane 

Good question.

The Filter step conditions are not configured correctly.

This Filter step condition will always evaluate to TRUE since the left side variable value is being compared to itself on the right side.

That means the Filter step will always pass.

Instead, set a static value on the right side of the Filter condition.

Badge

Thank you @Troy Tessalone !!!  I’m not sure how to select the static value…. as all the options I see have a product title attached to it?  I have a screenshot below.  

Badge

OR maybe would I change the first part of the filter to ‘New Order’ instead of line item??? (screenshot attached) :).  YOU ROCK @Troy Tessalone thank you so much

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

Instead, set a static value on the right side of the Filter condition.

Badge

@Troy Tessalone I’m setting it as a static value but it’s still not putting the email in the appropriate segment in Flodesk… it ended up putting the email in 2 entirely separate segments

Badge

It’s putting it in 5 different segments @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

The bottom dynamic variable needs to be replaced with a static value.

Badge

Ok, so does the top variable need to be the specific product then? @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

The left/top variable value is always dynamic and changes with each Zap Run.

That is why you need to set a static value on the right/bottom side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

Help article about using Filters: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Badge

Do I type the static value in or do I select one from the options? @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

If you select a variable then that is a dynamic value, which you don’t want.

Type in text to set a static value that doesn’t change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

It should look like this:

The field placeholder says: Enter text or insert data…