Best answer

Shopify App - New Customer - Error while retrieving: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all, 3 days ago I started getting this “Error while retrieving: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable” on my Shopify App with the New Customer event trigger. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to get more logs?

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 May 2023, 12:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

65 replies

Hey there @Curated Culture! 🙂

I’ve added you to the list as well so we’ll be in touch as soon as it’s sorted. If you’re able to get email notifications sent to you whenever a new order is paid, then it may be worth trying the workaround I mentioned in my last reply and have a Zap trigger from those email notifications for now instead.

We are having this problem too, but it only stopped pulling data from shopify 12 hours ago unlike others who mentioned it’s been going on for days. Can you add us to the list?

Please add me to the list 

we are currently getting the following error for the triggers on Shopify to Google Sheets

Failed to fetch an order from Shopify

Error while retrieving: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Can you add me to the list as well please

@SamB Can you please add me to this affected this as well? Hope to see this resolved asap.

We have the same problem. Please add us to the list.

This is also affecting our store. Please add us to the list. Just started for us on the 16th of may

@SamB Please add us to the notification list.  Please fix ASAP😭

Userlevel 1

Same issue

Same issue, please notify us when this is fixed. It is very urgent for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @najmwah, @Selleton Scales, @eduardo s, @gfc-automations, @Peregrin Workwear, @professionalbotanicals, @ddmagill, @thudso3 and @zank! 👋       

I can’t give any estimates as to when this is going to be fixed by but you’re all on the list of affected users so we’ll definitely notify you as soon as it is. I really hope it will be sorted soon, I know how frustrating this issue must be for everyone here.

I’ll be in touch if I have any news or other workarounds to share. In the meantime, the workaround I mentioned previously (triggering from order notification emails instead) might be your best bet for now.

@SamB The triger will not have all triggering from order notification emails instead will not include the full information specially the discount rate and the coupon code

I have experienced the same issue. I thought that after reconnecting my shopify accounts and re-running that I had resolved it. Unfortunately not all data was being processed on the order object, specifically order.customer.orders_count; zapier’s interface does not include all of the information I would expect, and which was relied on before this bug emerged.

@SamB Apologies, I believe it is working now we do not have this issue anymore

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that those order emails don’t have all the desired information @rashed

Thanks for letting us know, @chriskj. I’ve added you to the list of affected users too.

@KeepSpace - yes, I believe a potential fix was deployed recently but the bug report has not been officially closed yet. Once it is, everyone on the list of affected users will get an email notification to confirm that it’s been resolved. And we’ll be sure to follow up here to confirm that as well. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi friends! 

You may have seen the email notification already but if not, I’m happy to confirm that this issue has now been resolved. 😁🎉

Thank you all for your patience while this issue was being worked on. Those errors should no longer be occurring but if for some reason you’re still seeing them please do reach out.

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡