Best answer

Shopify App - New Customer - Error while retrieving: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all, 3 days ago I started getting this “Error while retrieving: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable” on my Shopify App with the New Customer event trigger. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to get more logs?

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 May 2023, 12:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

65 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ZapEm 

I’d suggest you copy the Zap and turn on the new copied one. If that doesn’t work, try recreating the zap. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@robschmidt I’ve already tried creating a new Zap and it’s still having this error. It only happens for 1 of my Shopify accounts. Others are working fine. I guess I need Zapier’s help to get the debug logs.

I have the same problem with shopify.

But its not for every run and just shows up irregularly.
I haven’t had the time yet to finding the pattern but hopefully zapier support can help 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have just received a reply from Zapier Support and said that it’s a known bug and will let me know once they have fixed it. There are also no available workarounds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jakobaa Have you made contact with our Support team as well? If not, please let me know so I can get you added to our bug log! 

@jakobaa Have you made contact with our Support team as well? If not, please let me know so I can get you added to our bug log! 

@chanelle I haven’t been in touch with the support team yet - so would be great if you could add me manually. Thanks a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jakobaa,

I’ve added you as an affected user to the open bug report as well. We’ll let you know via email once there’s an update regarding the issue.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ken.a , @chanelle any updates to this? It’s critical for my client.

Hi there, we are having this same issue.  The Zap has been working for months - now it is turned off and when we try to publish we get 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable.   We have tried duplicating the Zap and recreating it to no avail.

Hi there @jakobaa,

I’ve added you as an affected user to the open bug report as well. We’ll let you know via email once there’s an update regarding the issue.

Thanks! 😊

Hi @ken.a , 

I would appreciate it if you could also add me as an affected user because I’ve been receiving the same error “Trigger partner failure: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable”

Thank you!

Hi @ken.a

Could you add me too? I am seeing this issue with Shopify and Google sheets and have been unable to resolve it. 

Thank you, 

NKX

@ken.a can you please add us to the list of impacted users as we have a zap failing under the same conditions. tried to re-create and re-authenticate to no avail. 

Thank you

We are also having this issue. Would appreciate a heads up when it has been solved! Thanks.

Please add us to the list having trouble also

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is really frustrating. Anyone from Zapier please respond. Your Zapier Status for the Shopify App shows normal, no incidents but a lot of us are having issues.

I have the same issue and even when I try creating the zap again from scratch I’m stuck at Step 1 because it can’t retrieve a new order on Shopify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks! 👋

Very sorry for the delay in replying here! Thank you all for bearing with us while the developers are working on a fix for this. I realise how frustrating this must be and hope to have some good news to share on this soon! 🤞

@BC_studio@Annie_Sanchez-Clarity_Pages@NKX@ElmwoodBark@LasseWF@Caribou and @Tomojo - happy to confirm that you’re all added to the list of affected users. We’ll notify you all by email the moment this issue gets resolved.

@ZapEm - ah, not all bugs will appear on the Zapier Status page. Only incidents would be shown there and it looks like the bug you’re all running into here isn’t classified as an incident at present. Sorry for any confusion caused by this!

Hi Same here having the exact issue as well please support 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue as well, @Leonaj!

It looks like one of our Support team has already added you to the list of users that are being affected by this. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s been fixed! 🙂

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue as well, @Leonaj!

It looks like one of our Support team has already added you to the list of users that are being affected by this. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s been fixed! 🙂

Same error here!

Userlevel 1

Could you please add me to this bug list? I’m experiencing the same issue with my Shopify connection

I am also having the same issue, please let me know once it is resolved. Thank you.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

We are having this issue, currently affecting over 50+ Shopify stores we are managing.

Can we be included and let us know ASAP if this is resolve please !??? 

please keep me loop at xxxxxx@keepspace.com.au

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here, @aezm82, @Tecno Pago Alegre, @Lavees and @KeepSpace! 🙂

I’ve added you all to the list of affected users now. As soon as it’s been resolved we’ll send an email notification to everyone on that list. 

having the same issue here can you add me to the list ?