Skip to main content
Best answer

ShipStation data pulls successfully when testing, but Google Sheets remain blank after publishing the Zap

• 8 June 2024
  • 7 replies

After connecting to ShipStation I can pull data in the API test into the test screen but when it is published and creates the google excel sheet the excel sheets are blank. I am pulling all of the orders without filters via the API request. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LAXironlink2024 

Help us have more context, by posting screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Troy, 

Thank you so much. Here are my 3 Zap steps. As you can see I am using the API request. 

I do get test data back when I test it. 

This is my spreadsheet event. It creates the spreadsheet but they are always empty. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LAXironlink2024

ShipStation API docs to reference: https://www.shipstation.com/docs/api/orders/list-orders/

Looks like you you have a double // before orders.

Looks like you need to replace the {vars} with actual values, either static or dynamic from previous steps.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for noting the double //. I do get test data in the Data Out of the API request even with the double slash before orders. I took it out just to make sure and the data still returns. 

I will give the vars dynamic values and see what happens. It just feels like Zapier isn’t dropping the information onto the Google Spreadsheet. Interesting enough it at least creates a new Spreadsheet. I will read up on the Work with Google Sheets in Zaps and see if there is something useful there. 

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276985101-Work-with-Google-Sheets-in-Zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LAXironlink2024 

You are using this Zap action: GSheets - Get Row(s)

That returns row data based on the lookup conditions.

If you want to add data to the GSheet, then try using this Zap action: GSheets - Create Row(s)

Troy, 

You nailed it. I had to create the header rows on my first Gsheet and then map the fields from ShipStation to Gsheets. Seems simple enough it was just understanding what the app wanted to do. Thank you for the guidance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for following up here to mark the best answer @LAXironlink2024 - we really appreciate it! 🤗 Pleased to see @Troy Tessalone was able to help get this resolved, awesome work as ever Troy! 🙌

Please do reach out in the Community again if you need help with anything else in future. In the meantime, happy Zapping!