Best answer

Sheet -> Calendar Zap sets end date to 2024.

• 11 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Start date, start time, and end time are correct. End date has wrong year; 2023 instead of 2024.
The row that the Zap pulled from. End date is correct.
​​​​The Zap, with information from another row shown. Th
​​​​​​is Zap created an event that lasted from 2010 to 2024.
End_dateTime is showing that it pulled in a 2024 date, though the row in the Sheet shows 2023.

This Zap that I’ve been using for years now started showing an issue today that I’ve never experienced before. No matter what date I put in the sheet (which is automatically populated from a Google Form), the resulting Calendar item shows an end date in 2024. Any ideas on what might be causing this and what I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 11 April 2023, 03:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jedzz 

Good question.

There is a space missing between the 2 mapped variables in the End Date & Time.

Is the event created on the wrong date, specifically with the month and day switched?

Regardless of the settings in your Google Calendar, data sent through their API (as Zapier does) must be in MM/DD/YYYY format. So, if you try to send an event for April 7, 2021 as 07/04/2021, Google Calendar will interpret that as July 4, 2021. The dates need to be in MM/DD/YYYY format to ensure Google Calendar adds the event to the correct date(s). If your trigger is sending the data in DD/MM format, you can use a Formatter step to reformat the date.

Thanks a ton! That worked like a charm.