Question

Setting paths with multiple triggers

• 9 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m building a Zap from Calendly to Google Sheets, with a few formatting options in between.  In Calendly we have 3 event types for booking, and I thought I had my 3 paths set in my Zap to send different info from Calendly into Google Sheets based on event type.  The Zap is running but I’m getting duplicate data.  I have a hunch it has to do with the trigger event.  I have 3 different sets of trigger data from Calendly based on 1, 2, or 3 person classes (my Calendly event types).  The trouble is that my Zap only lets me pull from data in the trigger currently selected, meaning when a 1 person class is used as trigger data, my 2 and 3 person paths don’t work.  After attending ZapConnect 2022 I’m excited to try paths and building more complicated Zaps, but I’m running into some issues.  Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @UAV Coach 

Good question.

Try creating a Calendly event for each use case, then pulling thru those examples into the Zap trigger step to then help you configure and test your Zap steps.

Here’s a help article about how to change your trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I did change the trigger when I set up each path.  But now that the Zap is on, only the 1 person path is correctly formatting and moving to Google Sheets.  I also already read the article you referenced.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@UAV Coach

Best to check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot what may not be configured correctly for each use case.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

We’d need more specific examples and screenshots in order to evaluate and advise further.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Zap Runs is amazing!  Thanks for pointing that out.  I looks like rather than having 1 path run based on a direct text match, my Zap is running all 3 paths.

I thought I had this set up to only run Path A if the text matched directly to the Calendly Event Type.

Here is the Path B 2 person class showing that it also matches to a 1 person class.

This is what I can’t figure out.  When I switch the trigger event to 1 person, then I can’t map the fields properly in Paths B and C.  Every time I switch the trigger to correctly map that path, it pulls incorrect data for the other 2 paths.  I feel like I’m missing something obvious.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@UAV Coach 

Please post screenshots with how each of your Path Filter steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Path A

Path B

Path C

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@UAV Coach 

Here’s the issue with the Filter step conditions.

This will always evaluate to TRUE and thus cause the Filter to pass because the left side argument is being compared to itself in the right side argument.

You need to set a static value in the right side argument.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey @UAV Coach!  Troy hit the mark here -- let us know if you run into any snags trying out this solution or if you were able to get it sorted!  Happy to help answer any further questions about this for you!