Question

Setting a Zap between Phone.com App and Copper

• 24 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently facing a challenge in integrating my Phone.com app with Copper and could use some guidance from the experts in the community. I have attempted to use Zap templates and troubleshoot the integration, but I haven't achieved the desired results. I'm reaching out to the community to seek advice, tips, or step-by-step guidance on how to effectively set up these Zaps and ensure a smooth connection between Phone.com and Copper.

Integration Goals: I am aiming to create at least two types of zaps.

Zap 1: Whenever there is a new inbound SMS/call in the Phone.com app, I want the information to be seamlessly sent to Copper. Copper should then search for an existing person, and if none is found, it should create a new person and mark them as a potential lead.

Zap 2: Similarly, for any new inbound SMS/call in the Phone.com app, the information should be sent to Copper. This time, Copper needs to search for an existing person, match it, and add a copy of the SMS/call data into Copper.

If anyone has experience with similar integrations or has successfully set up Zaps between Phone.com and Copper, your expertise would be invaluable. I look forward to your insights and suggestions to overcome this integration challenge.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @aga 

You’ll need multiple Zaps for the different Phone Zap app triggers.

If you still need help post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to give us context.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Phone.com - New Inbound SMS / New Call Completed
  2. Action: Copper - Search for Person
    1. There should be a checkbox for create if not found
    2. Thus create logic for find else create Person
  3. Action: Copper - Create Activity
    1. Link it to the Person ID from the previous step