Skip to main content

I’m using DocuSign Completed Envelop as the Trigger.

When I Find New Record in the test step, it pulls my latest signed contract and has each signer separated out with their role. 

But when I try to use the information from DocuSign trigger in an action step, all the names are in 1 field, all the emails are in 1 field, and all the roles are in 1 field - so not at all what the test result output shows. 

I need to pull just the HomeOwner’s name and email. They aren’t always the 3rd signer so I can’t just split text and return the 3rd position. 

Is this a DocuSign issue? Zapier issue? I don’t understand how the test result shows it the way I need it but then I can’t actually pull or filter by that information. 

Hi there @Teched Out Pros, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Ah, it looks as though the signer information is coming over as line items which would explain why you’re seeing all three emails appear in the selected field. You mentioned that the homeowner is not always the third signer, but are they always the last one in the list? 

If so, you could use a Formatter (Utilities > Line-item to Text) action to convert the line items into text fields. Then, select the Output Item Last field which would contain the last signer email only. See: Convert line items into text strings for more details on how to set up that type of Formatter action.

Do you think that approach could work?

Hi @Teched Out Pros,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Sam's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.